Wendy

Simcha-Sophie

a lovely mishmash of opinions interspersed with moments of clarity and vision by a vegan lesbian feminist mystery-loving, history-loving reader and writer.

The More I Owe You: A Novel
Michael Sledge
The Lifelong Activist: How to Change the World without Losing Your Way
Hillary Rettig
Queer Ecologies: Sex, Nature, Politics, Desire
Catriolina Mortimer-Sandilands, Bruce Erickson
Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America (Between Men--Between Women)
Lillian Faderman
The Healing Earth
Philip Sutton Chard
Revolt and Crisis in Greece: Between a Present Yet to Pass and a Future Still to Come
Dimitris Dalakoglou, Antonis Vradis

From a Sealed Room

From a Sealed Room - Rachel Kadish Well-written, but a little confusing. Although the blurb says the book interweaves three lives, it feels more like she started one story (Tami's) and moved on to Maya's, which I didn't mind too much because Tami's story is boring. It's hard to want to read about an unlikable person. I like the treatment of an abused woman and the difficulty she has getting away from it. I like bits of the Holocaust survivor's story, though sometimes it gets tedious. The book is too long, I think and the ending feels cliche, but overall, the writing is smooth, almost lyrical in places, and very quiet, with strong characterizations.