Wendy

Simcha-Sophie

a lovely mishmash of opinions interspersed with moments of clarity and vision by a vegan lesbian feminist mystery-loving, history-loving reader and writer.

The More I Owe You: A Novel
Michael Sledge
The Lifelong Activist: How to Change the World without Losing Your Way
Hillary Rettig
Queer Ecologies: Sex, Nature, Politics, Desire
Catriolina Mortimer-Sandilands, Bruce Erickson
Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America (Between Men--Between Women)
Lillian Faderman
The Healing Earth
Philip Sutton Chard
Revolt and Crisis in Greece: Between a Present Yet to Pass and a Future Still to Come
Dimitris Dalakoglou, Antonis Vradis

The Sexual Politics of Meat: A Feminist-Vegetarian Critical Theory

The Sexual Politics of Meat: A Feminist-Vegetarian Critical Theory - Carol J. Adams Parts of this book shine, and Adams really hits the nail on the head when she explains why veg*ns can get so offended by omnivores who call themselves vegetarians. However, I think the title is misleading. Adams starts out with much promise, showing the links between advertising meat and women for consumption, but quickly falls into literary critiques and leaves a lot of the politics and sociology behind.
This book is much better suited to viewing literature, rather than life, from a feminist and vegetarian standpoint. I only wanted more linking and connection not related to literature, because I am certain Adams is onto something here and it doesn't have to do with literature.