Wendy

Simcha-Sophie

a lovely mishmash of opinions interspersed with moments of clarity and vision by a vegan lesbian feminist mystery-loving, history-loving reader and writer.

The More I Owe You: A Novel
Michael Sledge
The Lifelong Activist: How to Change the World without Losing Your Way
Hillary Rettig
Queer Ecologies: Sex, Nature, Politics, Desire
Catriolina Mortimer-Sandilands, Bruce Erickson
Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America (Between Men--Between Women)
Lillian Faderman
The Healing Earth
Philip Sutton Chard
Revolt and Crisis in Greece: Between a Present Yet to Pass and a Future Still to Come
Dimitris Dalakoglou, Antonis Vradis

Frauen: German Women Recall the Third Reich

Frauen: German Women Recall the Third Reich - Alison Owings My book has a different cover, and I read it over ten years ago. I kept it primarily for research purposes, but if I remember anything from it I think it is a combination of the justifications people will use to do things that are wrong, and that living during The Third Reich as an apolitical, non-Jewish person was a lot more complicated than people in general seem to realize. (Particularly when we become more aware of what the current political state of the world is and our own responses [or lack thereof] to them). I would recommend this book for a different perspective on this history of the Third Reich.