Wendy

Simcha-Sophie

a lovely mishmash of opinions interspersed with moments of clarity and vision by a vegan lesbian feminist mystery-loving, history-loving reader and writer.

The More I Owe You: A Novel
Michael Sledge
The Lifelong Activist: How to Change the World without Losing Your Way
Hillary Rettig
Queer Ecologies: Sex, Nature, Politics, Desire
Catriolina Mortimer-Sandilands, Bruce Erickson
Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America (Between Men--Between Women)
Lillian Faderman
The Healing Earth
Philip Sutton Chard
Revolt and Crisis in Greece: Between a Present Yet to Pass and a Future Still to Come
Dimitris Dalakoglou, Antonis Vradis

Watch Me Die

Watch Me Die - Erica Spindler Damn. For the majority of the 372 pages, this book had me going, guessing, unsure,enjoying the way the author dropped hints. The characters are well-drawn, not annoying unless they're supposed to be.

Probably by page 220 or so I began to figure out what was happening or probably had happened and even though I completely enjoyed finding out most of the answers, I think this one is about 20 pages too long. The ending could have been wrapped up sooner; the suspense flagged by that point. You knew what was going to happen. It fizzled out.

I would recommend this book, but with reservations. Definitely a (mostly) enjoyable read, but again, an unnecessarily drawn-out ending and a few loose threads that never came together. Still, up until about page 265 I thought "FINALLY! I am going to give a book FIVE STARS on Goodreads!" that's how much I enjoyed it, and how much I thought the end ruined the rest of. Drat.